Holiday on Horseback – 5 day horse riding tour
Discover for yourself what makes the island of Tasmania so magical. It will make your heart sing, your spirit soar, its beauty will take your breath away. Discover the attractions, the secrets and just maybe, the allusive Tasmania Tiger from horse back.
With Quamby Bluff as the backdrop, “Gem Farm” welcomes you to ride from its doorstep onto never-ending forestry trails which wind through country side, alongside waterfalls, through rainforest and takes in part of the famous Tasmanian Trail.
The rugged escarpment of the Great Western Tiers majestically dominates the landscape.
On this horse riding adventure you will experience a true microcosm of the islands history and culture, its wild scenery and wildlife, not to mention the culinary delights of the local area. With passionate guides who love their island home and a fleet of beautiful pure bred and part bred Arabian horses, your holiday will be one to treasure.
“Gem Farm” horses are trained and fit for endurance riding. The horses are all naturally educated and ridden bitless and barefoot. Part of your holiday experience is to enter their world and training methods and challenge yourself and horse on the TREC course obstacles and tricks
before you head off trail blazing. It is the horse riding holiday you have always imagined.
- Hours in the saddle: 3 to 6
- Breed of horse: Arabian and ArabX.
- Pace: depending on the group
- Riding ability: beginner to advanced.
- Accommodation: Gorgeous renovated rooms with private ensuites in a historic bed and breakfast hotel in the township of Deloraine. the Gem Farm also offers bush cabin sleeps 3 pax with shared bathroom.
- Season: November to March
- Group Size: min 3. Maximum 7. Larger groups welcome but accommodation will be sourced in local township of Deloraine. Transfers available daily.
- Dates: on request plus
all booked out sorry.
- Ride length: five days, four nights (shorter tours available)
- Food: the menu is based on showcasing the local Tasmanian produce. All diets catered for please advise at booking.
- Price: $3350 all inclusive (unless two pax or under $3600)
- Download the itinerary HERE
See the photo gallery from a previous Tassie Tiger Trail – Holiday on Horseback HERE