Jen Clingy and Jeremy Ford are horse lovers with a passion for hooves. Their aim is to elevate knowledge and inspire education in hoof care and horse keeping. They want to create a worldwide ripple effect of awesomeness with horses and get you wild about hooves.
This horse mad duo are Australia’s leading natural hoof care advocates and are always on the road teaching or in the saddle showcasing the importance of healthy, sound, happy horses.
Natural Hoof Care Practitioners – What we do
- Qualified Hoof Care Practitioners, Hoof Trimmers, Hoof Rehabiltation specialists,
- Educators. Trainers – One Day Learn to Trim workshops AUSTRALIA WIDE
- Lecturers – in 12 month course in Equine Hoof Carehttp://www.australianhooftrimmers.com
- Co-directors of ACEHP the Australian Certified Equine Hoof Care Practitioners. The big brand in representing and promoting quality and qualified hoof care practitioners.
- Horse Riders – They are always in the saddle practicing what they preach!
- Accomplished endurance riders both hold Quilty Buckles, they train and compete in endurance riding and agist internationally owned horses at ‘The Gem’ farm.
- Tool Makers – they design and develop tools and gear specifically for the trimming market – a loop knife and hook pick ‘all in one’ is by far the most popular tool for hoof trim professionals.
- Horse Riding Tour specialists
- They offer “Wild horse study tours” to observe brumbies in Alice springs NT and they offer “Holidays on Horseback” – 5 day tours in Tasmania and the Barossa Valley
- Educational Resource Providers – Their popular booklets ‘The Bare Facts’ and “the Founder Facts” are available in hard and digital copy. Plus numerous published articles on barefoot endurance riding, hoof care and Australia’s wild horses. Documentary Film Makers – ‘Running Naked’ premiered with a screening at Equitana 2008.
- Film is their favourite medium for education and they have also produced an instructional trim dvd and short films on rehabilitation. This can be purchased on the online store and viewed on yutube
- Event management – Wild About Hooves co-ordinate hoof related seminars & workshops around Australia for key guest speakers
Jen is an advocate for bare hooves. She and her horse, Imaj Zamir, have become a high profile barefoot endurance team. She was the first in Australia to successfully complete a 100 mile endurance ride, and the first in Australia to win an endurance ride outright on a barefoot horse. Their 5000km achievement and successful string of placings in endurance has proven time and time again that shoes are not necessary, even for long distance. She is passionate on her quest to educate others of the benefits of not shoeing horses.
Jen is currently working as a professional hoof care practitioner in Tasmania. She is a member of Tasmania’s Mounted Search and Rescue and a lecturer with the trade certificate in “Equine Hoof Care” course. Jen is also a freelance writer and features regularly in the ‘Horse Hoof’ magazine. She is also focusing on writing a book highlighting the healthy hoof and giving insight into training a barefoot performance horse. Jen is Jeremy’s right hand man (or more colloquially, his right hoof woman!)
A farrier of 20 years is now a professional natural hoof care practitioner. After being introduced to barefoot trimming he has hung up his hammer and stored the anvil to promote healthy sound metal-shoe free horses.
Jeremy has been involved with horses all his life in all disciplines including hunting, endurance and stockwork. His encounters with wild Australian Brumbies in the outback were the major inspiration for the switch to barefoot. These horses have hooves hard, strong and able to cope with the hardest terrain. This natural world led him to study with the AANHCP (American Assoc of Natural Hoof Care Practitioners).
Jeremy currently runs educational workshops on hoof care. He is principal lecturer in the Equine Hoof Care certificate course run by Global Net Academy. The only hoof care course in the world recognised by Government Training Framework and the best in practical hoof care edcation.
When not working Jeremy and his favourite black mare, Ruby Running Bare, are a leading heavyweight team in endurance competition in Tasmania.